Ramblings of a 5-Year Old

>> 25 January 2011

Mrs. RoSA and I teach the 5-year olds at church. G is the one boy in the class who consistently comes, and -- perhaps feeling there is an alpha dog feud to be settled -- is constantly threatening me. The first couple of weeks it started out as veiled threats couched in rhetorical questions (all of the below quotes are said with his face six inches from mine, in what I can only surmise is an attempt to stare me down into submission):

 G: "Do you have any idea how strong I am?"

G: "Do you have any idea how hard I can punch you?"

G: "Did you know that I'm a billion strong? You can't stop me."

This past Sunday, G cut out the rhetoricals and went straight for the direct threats:

G (hand in karate chop shape): "I can karate [sic] you in half...from head..." (moves hand from my head to my feet as if bisecting me) "...to your toes."

The girls have some one-liners, too. Here's one Mrs. RoSA got from one of them:
Girl (referring to me): "Are you in marriage with him?"
Mrs. RoSA: "Yes."
Girl: "He looks like a Chinese man."
(Mrs. RoSA futilely attempts to explain the difference between China and Japan to a 5-year old)

Oh, the joys.

4 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Tue Jan 25, 12:12:00 PM EST  

"In marriage with him?" That is a phrase that should start circulating.

Hannah Neville McMillan Tue Jan 25, 04:25:00 PM EST  

hahahaha this is a great post. Reminds me of my day at work!!!

Julie Tue Jan 25, 05:18:00 PM EST  

lollol, please say this is a recurring feature on the blog. hilarious.

Kerstin Miller Fri Jan 28, 12:30:00 AM EST  

hahaha... i love this! i hear things like this all day! I need to start writing them down!

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP