Weekly Selects #28

>> 04 March 2010

Have some DC to catch up on after being out last week:

-Via Email from Kate and Barbaloot, who sent me their favorite Calvin & Hobbes-inspired snowmen:

 
 


-Via Email from Pops Dalton, who felt the need to clarify the Ewok entry:
The scene you refer to about asking you on camera what you got for X-mas, I was probably trying really hard not to burst out laughing out loud, which would have harmed your growing sense of self-esteem.  It's OK to embellish stories for dramatic effect but let's try and keep the basic story straight.
Well, I stand corrected. The patriarch has spoken.

-Via Email from Jay, sending me an article about the arrogance of Priuses and their owners. My favorite line:
Prius owners work very hard to get as many miles per gallon as they can to win a game they like to call Getting in an Accident While Staring at a Screen with a Dumb Graphic.
The article is quite hilarious, and helps put things in perspective for consumers that think a little too much of the products they own/use...off the top of my head, I can think of a few groups of people: Mac users; 'LOST' watchers; Whole Foods shoppers. You get the idea.

-Via Email from Case:
Bacon candles homie
This just makes me think of Jan's candle business on The Office.

3 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Thu Mar 04, 12:02:00 PM EST  

Gross---bacon candles. I love bacon, but I'm pretty sure I would love one of those.

Anonymous Fri Mar 05, 05:05:00 AM EST  

Interessant!

Anonymous Tue Mar 09, 04:52:00 PM EST  

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP