Where's the Minority B Roll?

>> 30 March 2010

Uh. Stock footage is awesome:



I feel like I could be a stock footage star, much like I was during my Independent Study days.

If you were paying attention to the ad with a keen (read: overly sensitive) eye, I didn't see any minorities in that B Roll. Minorities get frustrated paying bills, too, you know, just as we also put our hands on walls when we're depressed.

Everyone KNOWS that if a company doesn't at least fake like they have a little diversity in their workplace (see posters hanging up in your respective Human Resources' departments at work, displaying diversity), no one is going to buy your products/services because YOU ARE RACIST BASTARDS AND THE ACLU IS COMING AFTER YOU.

But really, think about it. I could effortlessly provide all kinds of B Roll just by having a camera crew follow me around for a day. Here's how it would go:
"Need B Roll of a minority:
Falling asleep at work? Maybe drooling on his desk?
Eating bacon for breakfast? How 'bout for Lunch? Dinner? Midnight snack?
Yelling at old people driving slow? Getting pulled over and racially profiled by a cop? WE GOT THAT B ROLL.
Need B Roll of a minority doing other things, like:
Acting offended at innocuous joke made by coworkers? Laughing uncontrollably at 30 Rock? Weeping inconsolably at generic chick flick? Doing completely manly yet impractical things like eating shards of glass? Procrastinating taking out the garbage? WE GOT THAT B ROLL."

See. We minorities do ordinary things just like the rest of you. Problem is -- we get more credit for doing it.

2 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Tue Mar 30, 11:50:00 AM EDT  

Yes-your Asianness has really caused you a lot of grief in your life, I'm sure:)

Why do you think Em and I cast you in our What Not To Wear video?

Fran Wed Mar 31, 11:42:00 AM EDT  

As they were listing other B Rolls I think I caught the word turtleneck - that B Roll has got to be aaaawesome

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP